Every year we serve thousands of families at Christmas time. They come to us asking for toys for their children, food for their families and warm hats, gloves, and jackets. We do our best to provide, but we’ve always fallen short. With an estimated 1,200 children between the ages of 2 and 18 in our neighborhood who’s families are unable to afford the essentials it is difficult to serve the need.
If you’re interested in donating a toy to a child in need, or warm winter items you can send or bring new, unwrapped donations to our shelter at 285 Ormond Street or purchase a gift from our Amazon Wish List.
Due to COVID, our toy distribution will be handled much differently this year. With your help, we will try to help 1,500 families with food and toys. Please consider making a donation to help us provide food and Christmas joy to all of those in need.
Most Requested Presents
- African American Barbies and baby dolls
Most Needed Winter Items
- Socks – cotton or wool
- Long underwear
- Boots – all sizes, men’s and women’s
- Jackets – all sizes, but especially XL – 5XL
- Hand warmers
Please bring donations of non perishable foods directly to the House of Mercy
- Fresh Vegetables: Potatoes, onions, carrots
- Canned Vegetables: corn, mixed vegetables, beans
- Canned Soups & Stews
- Dry Foods – Rice, Noodles, Boxed Mac & Cheese
- Spices & Condiments – Salt, Pepper, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo
- House of Mercy – any day or time, 285 Ormond Street, Rochester, NY. We respectfully decline donations of used toys or clothing due to COVID